INET 2.1 released
We are happy to announce the INET Framework 2.1 release. The INET Framework is an open-source communication networks simulation package for the OMNeT++ simulation environment. It contains models for several wired and wireless networking protocols, including UDP, TCP, SCTP, IP, IPv6, Ethernet, PPP, 802.11, MPLS, OSPF, and many others. This new version is compatible with the the 2.0 version and contains only bugfixes and some additional components.
Visit the INET Framework website and download it now. Read on for details.
- Added a new module to model an "internet cloud". The component can be configured to model packet delay, datarate and drop probability between each input-output interface pair. The parameter matrix is provided as an XML configuration file. See the README file in src/nodes/internetcloud for further details.
- New SimpleVoIPReceiver/Sender applications that gather MOS (Mean Opinion Score) for measuring voice quality.
- Added HNA support to the Batman protocol (MANET)
- PingApp: Shows the configured destination address at the end of the simulation.
- TCPBasicClientApp: bugfix #611: simulation generated an ASSERT if numRequestsPerSession parameter value larger than 1.
- TcpApp: socket state is now shown on the GUI (in Echo, Sink and Session apps.)
- VoipTool: was renamed to VoIPStream (The actual module names are VoIPStreamSender/Receiver.)
- Transmission channel's 'disabled' parameter is now correctly handled in EtherMacBase.
- Better parameter processing in MAC: error is thrown if an undefined value is specified for the opmode or autoBitrate parameters.
- Added the Ieee80211Descriptor class to assign modulation speed and type for the different opModes.
- Bugfix: Default bitrate for opMode 'p' was incorrectly set.
- Minor optimizations
- Bugfix: The text in specification "sets the ConnectRetryTimer to zero" means: restart this timer. The _connectRetryTime member now stores the timeout value.
- updated documentation
- replaced Uint128 with ManetNetworkAddress
- unused ManetTimer and BatmanTimer class
- unused static variables
- isIpLocalAddress(), uses isLocalAddress()
- getXPos(), getYPos() functions, you should use getPosition() instead.
- redesigned coordinate and speed storage and access. replaced double x,y with a Coord. getDirection() now returns the speed vector (as a Coord)
- getters returns UNSPECIFIED_ADDRESS if addrType==UNDEFINED
- merged sendToIp() code into a common base function sendToIpOnIface()
- AODV's hand-written descriptors were replaced with generated ones.
- aodv_msg_struct.h: added getter methods expected by the generated descriptors removed hand-written aodv_msg_struct_descriptor.cc
- Updated and expanded documentation
- Updated the code to match the latest available "batmand" version.
- Numerous optimizations
- Fixed several memory leaks
- Fixed routing table corruption and possible crash when multiple radios were used in a single host
- Fixed decapsulation of incoming packets. Now it checks for the type of decapsulated packet.
- Fix for a problem when aggregated batman packets were dropped erronously.
- Added HNA support. Nodes can advertise external networks, so traffic towards those networks can be routed correctly. Use the announcedNetworks parameter to specify multiple connected external networks.
- Added SourceModifier script to help the conversion from the original batmand code.
- fixes spaces, tabs and empty lines
- replaces some c-style structs to c++-style classes
- replaces some batmand specified list manipulators with c++ code
- replaces malloc/free with new/delete
- removes prof_start()/prof_stop() calls
- Added a new simulation with wired and wireless hosts exchanging UDP data via an AccessPoint. It shows how to use the IPv4NetworkConfigurator to mix wired and wireless networks.
- Fixes for BGP examples.
- New example to demonstrate HNA support in Batman.
- Hostautoconf examample moved to the adhoc folder.
- Uint128 class was removed. Use ManetNetworkAddress class instead.
- Visual changes in StandardHost/NodeBase: utility module icons are now smaller and wlan/PingApp modules are displayed in a row.
- NodeBase: it is possible to use mobility module even if numRadios = 0
- Added check for detecting too small netmask parameter value in HostAutoConfigurator
- PacketDump: TCP header option fix (dumped only in verbose mode.)
- Bugfix #620. The module pointer returned by a ModuleAccess class is now cached only if get() was used. For get(module) no caching is done.
- MACAddress: made the constructor explicit so we will not see unexpected implicit conversions in future
- IPv6Address: removed Uint128 related functions and added an additional constructMask() method
- headerserializers: compile fix for Visual C++ 10.0 and later
- Pcap now records on ALL interfaces by default (including external IFs). Added Enter_Method for better error reporting if a packet cannot be serialized. Also added an icon for PcapRecorder.
- Several TCP related fixes.
You can download INET-2.1.0 here.