CDNSim - a Content Distribution Network simulator
CDNsim is an OMNeT++-based simulator for Content Distribution Networks (CDNs), developed at the Department of Informatics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. Its main features are:
- Cooperative push based content management policy.
- Non-Cooperative push based content management policy.
- Cooperative pull based content management policy.
- Non-Cooperative pull based content management policy.
- LRU cache replacement policy.
- STATIC cache policy.
- TCP / IP networking.
- Wizard for creating self-contained simulations (bottles).
- Utility for executing unattended simulations.
- Utility for automatically generating results' reports.
- Utility for converting Apache log files into CDNsim trace files.
- Extensible by implementing modules in the form of libraries.
- Runs on Windows and Unix like systems.
Documentation, publications, source code and screenshot(s) can be found at the CDNSim home page.