INET 2.1 released
- Added a new module to model an "internet cloud". The component can be configured to model packet delay, datarate and drop probability between each input-output interface pair. The parameter matrix is provided as an XML configuration file. See the README file in src/nodes/internetcloud for further details.
- New SimpleVoIPReceiver/Sender applications that gather MOS (Mean Opinion Score) for measuring voice quality.
- Added HNA support to the Batman protocol (MANET)
- PingApp: Shows the configured destination address at the end of the simulation.
- TCPBasicClientApp: bugfix #611: simulation generated an ASSERT if numRequestsPerSession parameter value larger than 1.
- TcpApp: socket state is now shown on the GUI (in Echo, Sink and Session apps.)
- VoipTool: was renamed to VoIPStream (The actual module names are VoIPStreamSender/Receiver.)
- Transmission channel's 'disabled' parameter is now correctly handled in EtherMacBase.
- Better parameter processing in MAC: error is thrown if an undefined value is specified for the opmode or autoBitrate parameters.
- Added the Ieee80211Descriptor class to assign modulation speed and type for the different opModes.
- Bugfix: Default bitrate for opMode 'p' was incorrectly set.
- Minor optimizations
- Bugfix: The text in specification "sets the ConnectRetryTimer to zero" means: restart this timer. The _connectRetryTime member now stores the timeout value.
- updated documentation
- replaced Uint128 with ManetNetworkAddress
- unused ManetTimer and BatmanTimer class
- unused static variables
- isIpLocalAddress(), uses isLocalAddress()
- getXPos(), getYPos() functions, you should use getPosition() instead.
- redesigned coordinate and speed storage and access. replaced double x,y with a Coord. getDirection() now returns the speed vector (as a Coord)
- getters returns UNSPECIFIED_ADDRESS if addrType==UNDEFINED
- merged sendToIp() code into a common base function sendToIpOnIface()
- AODV's hand-written descriptors were replaced with generated ones.
- aodv_msg_struct.h: added getter methods expected by the generated descriptors removed hand-written aodv_msg_struct_descriptor.cc
- Updated and expanded documentation
- Updated the code to match the latest available "batmand" version.
- Numerous optimizations
- Fixed several memory leaks
- Fixed routing table corruption and possible crash when multiple radios were used in a single host
- Fixed decapsulation of incoming packets. Now it checks for the type of decapsulated packet.
- Fix for a problem when aggregated batman packets were dropped erronously.
- Added HNA support. Nodes can advertise external networks, so traffic towards those networks can be routed correctly. Use the announcedNetworks parameter to specify multiple connected external networks.
- Added SourceModifier script to help the conversion from the original batmand code.
- fixes spaces, tabs and empty lines
- replaces some c-style structs to c++-style classes
- replaces some batmand specified list manipulators with c++ code
- replaces malloc/free with new/delete
- removes prof_start()/prof_stop() calls
- Added a new simulation with wired and wireless hosts exchanging UDP data via an AccessPoint. It shows how to use the IPv4NetworkConfigurator to mix wired and wireless networks.
- Fixes for BGP examples.
- New example to demonstrate HNA support in Batman.
- Hostautoconf examample moved to the adhoc folder.
- Uint128 class was removed. Use ManetNetworkAddress class instead.
- Visual changes in StandardHost/NodeBase: utility module icons are now smaller and wlan/PingApp modules are displayed in a row.
- NodeBase: it is possible to use mobility module even if numRadios = 0
- Added check for detecting too small netmask parameter value in HostAutoConfigurator
- PacketDump: TCP header option fix (dumped only in verbose mode.)
- Bugfix #620. The module pointer returned by a ModuleAccess class is now cached only if get() was used. For get(module) no caching is done.
- MACAddress: made the constructor explicit so we will not see unexpected implicit conversions in future
- IPv6Address: removed Uint128 related functions and added an additional constructMask() method
- headerserializers: compile fix for Visual C++ 10.0 and later
- Pcap now records on ALL interfaces by default (including external IFs). Added Enter_Method for better error reporting if a packet cannot be serialized. Also added an icon for PcapRecorder.
- Several TCP related fixes.
You can download INET-2.1.0 here.