About Me ...
I received my M.Sc. in electrical engineering and computer systems from the Technical University of Budapest in 1994. Between 1994 and 1998 I pursued PhD studies at the same university, but went to the industry before completing the PhD. Between 2003 and 2005, I spent altogether more than a year at CTIE, Monash University, Melbourne as a visiting research fellow, where I was performing research on parallel simulation of large telecommunication networks, and working towards the PhD degree. My field of interest is the simulation of telecommunication networks, and I am the architect and main developer of the widely used OMNeT++ network simulation software. Currently I work at OpenSim Ltd. which I founded for commercializing OMNeT++.Email: andras at omnetpp.org
- Varga, A. (2010), "OMNeT++". Chapter in the book "Modeling and Tools for Network Simulation", Wehrle, Klaus; Günes, Mesut; Gross, James (Eds.) Springer Verlag, 2010. ISBN: 978-3-642-12330-6
- Kozlovszky, M., Balaskó, A. and Varga, A. (2009), "Enabling OMNeT++-based simulations on Grid Systems", OMNeT++ 2009: Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on OMNeT++ (hosted by SIMUTools 2009).
- Varga, A. and Sekercioglu, Y. A. (2008), "Parallel Network Simulation with OMNeT++", Research, Development and Application on Information and Telecommunication Technology (ICT Journal), Volume E-1, Number 1 (5). pp.5--14. Special issue on Tools, Modelling Techniques and Analysis Aspects of Heterogeneous Networks
- Varga, A. and Hornig, R. (2008), "An overview of the OMNeT++ simulation environment", Simutools '08: Proceedings of the 1st international conference on Simulation tools and techniques for communications, networks and systems & workshops: 1--10.
- Sekercioglu, Y. A., Varga, A. and Egan, G. K. (2003), "Parallel simulation made easy with OMNeT++", ESS 2003: 15th European Simulation Symposium.
- Varga, A., Sekercioglu, Y. A. and Egan, G. K. (2003), "A practical efficiency criterion for the Null Message Algorithm", ESS 2003: 15th European Simulation Symposium.
- Wu, David, Wu, Eric, Lai, Johnny, Varga, A., Sekercioglu, Y. Ahmet and Egan, Gregory K. (2002), "Implementing MPI Based Portable Parallel Discrete Event Simulation Support in the OMNeT++ Framework", ESS 2002: 14th European Simulation Symposium.
- Varga, A. (2001), "The OMNeT++ Discrete Event Simulation System", Proceedings of the European Simulation Multiconference (ESM'2001).
- Varga, A. (1999), "Using the OMNeT++ discrete event simulation system in education", IEEE Transactions on Education, 42, 4: 11 pp..
- Varga, A. (1998), "Parameterized Topologies for Simulation Programs", WMC'98: Western Multiconference on Simulation, CNDS'98: Communication Networks and Distributed Systems.
- Varga, A. and Pongor, G. (1997), "Flexible Topology Description Language for Simulation Programs", Proceedings of the 9th European Simulation Symposium.
- Varga, A. and Fakhamzadeh, B. (1997), "The K-Split Algorithm for the PDF Approximation of Multi-Dimensional Empirical Distributions without Storing Observations", ESS'97: 9th European Simulation Symposium: 94--98.
- Varga, A. (1996), "Simulation in the design of VSAT networks", Journal on Communications (Híradástechnika), Nov 1996
- Varga, A. (1996), "Analysis and Design of VSAT Networks Through Simulation", 4th International Conference on Up-to-Date Satellite Communications, Budapest, 16-20 Sept 1996.
- K. Budai, A. Czifra, G. Dallos, P. Giese, D. Jobbágy, C. Szabó, L. Szabó, A. Varga (1995), "Traffic simulation and cost analysis system - Hungarian contribution to COST-226" COST-226 Conference, 10-12 May 1995.
- Lencse, G. and Varga, A. (1994), "Automatic Generation of Facial Expressions", research report, TU Delft, Aug. 1994.